Why You Should Have a Family Dentist
If you’ve been searching for a new dentist online, you’ve most likely seen the term “family dentist” pop up quite a bit.
But what exactly does that mean?
In this blog, we’ll tell you:
- What family dentistry is
- How family dentists are different from other dentists
- How they can help you
Keep reading to learn more!
What is family dentistry?
Family dentistry is a special area of dentistry that focuses on treating oral health at every stage of life.
Everyone has various dental health needs at different ages, so it’s important to receive proper, quality care all throughout your life.
What does a family dentist do?
A family dentist has extensive education and training to care for primary and permanent teeth. They understand the changes that take place in mouths from infancy to adulthood.
So if you have little ones, they’ll be in good hands too!
Practices may offer services, such as:
- Routine teeth cleanings
- Comprehensive exams (e.g. gum disease evaluations)
- Oral cancer screening
- Oral DNA testing
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
Family dentists work to improve and restore smiles, as well as prevent small issues from becoming bigger (and expensive!) problems. Their goal is to help you live a happy life with excellent dental and overall health.
How is a family dentist different from a general dentist?
Family and general dentists are quite similar to each other:
- They’re both required to have extensive training
- They must attend dental school
- They may offer the same services
But what sets them apart is:
General dentists typically only treat patients ages 18 years or older.
Family dentists treat patients of all ages.
You won’t need to drive across town for your kiddo’s dental appointments.
You and your child can be seen in the same office!
Family dentists will guide you in maintaining great oral health care habits at home.
What are the benefits of having a family dentist?
Family dentists help you by:
- Taking care of your oral health throughout your life
- Understanding your full dental history
- Offering a comfortable, family-friendly office
- Being the one dentist for you and your entire family
- Having the same financial options available (same insurance accepted)
Nobody should have to jump through hoops to get high-quality dental care!
Seeing a family dentist truly makes you and your loved ones’ lives easier and healthier.
Looking for a family dentist in Raleigh, NC?
The smile team at The Dental Market would love to meet you!
Dr. James Sarant aims to put you and your whole family on a path of oral and overall wellness.
Our team believes preventative measures are essential to maintaining a healthy smile.
How do we make dentistry fun and convenient for families?
- Dr. Sarant combines modern dentistry with a gentle style to make every visit enjoyable
- Our office offers early morning and Friday appointments to accommodate your family’s busy schedule
- We’ll make you feel right at home
We genuinely care about you and are here to serve you.
Schedule your family dentistry appointment today!
The Dental Market is located in Raleigh, NC… This text opens a new tab to The Dental Market Google listing…, and proudly serves the following locations: Cary, Wake Forest, Garner, Knightdale, Durham, Apex, Holly Springs.